It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:31 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

This message is just to inform members that the "Reference Section" and "Links" are currently being built and therefore will not be available for the time being. The team will inform you once they are open.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:13 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

UPDATE:

Just to let members know, the Links section is now complete. Many thanks to mazeteam and phosco152 for helping me sort this out.

If you would like your link posted or updated, please PM a member of the site team.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:00 am 

This now leaves only the Reference section and the "page 3" and "page 4" tabs on the homepage that are empty.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:24 pm 
Random avatar

mazeteam wrote:
This now leaves only the Reference section and the "page 3" and "page 4" tabs on the homepage that are empty.

What's going to be on pages 3 and 4?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:13 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

I'm hoping for one of them to be a site updates log but this is to be confirmed.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:39 am 

As for site updates - this can be done (i think) so long as the log of site updates appear as one single thread on the forum (a bit like the POTM Winners Gallery thread), as then I can use a pullposts script to pull out a certain number of recent posts in the thread and display on the page.

The only bit of obscurity which exists on that is getting the thread number. With the Photo Of The Month script, that originally was pulling posts from a set forum number - so when I made a new posts to that forum it then showed on the home page where the photo should have been! I changed the script to pull from a single thread, and gave it what appeared to be the number of the thread but the result was a blank page. The only reason it's working is because overnight I put all of the POTM gallery thread into what was an announcement by Alex about something, and put the announcement into what was the POTM thread... in short I swapped threads over so that the POTM thread had an easy number to remember: 5! If we do a site updates log, we can try it as a new thread at first - but if it doesn't work with the pullposts script, then the thread will have to be shifted over to be swapped with a thread that has a single number!

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:57 pm 
Random avatar

You should get a job in computer programming Mazeteam, you certainly know your stuff!  ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:35 am 

haha! yeah... the problem (like everything) is that employers want just that little bit more than I can actually do

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 pm 
Site Administration

The Wiki in the reference section is now up and running. The first part of the Glossary is now there and I have created the first Regional Fact File. This can be used as a template and was based on what we had in Ukastle 2. Eventually the fact files will have their own section in the Wiki once there are enough of them.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 pm 
Site Administration

The reference section is still looking a bit thin on the ground people. It was created at request of members.

I am willing to "Wiki" the info for others if people don't want to do it themselves. PM the text and I'll sort it out. Some more regional factfiles would be a good start.

Profile  Personal album