It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: New Forum Rules
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:44 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

As we have found from Philips lighting and also a recent request for help to the Admins, UKASTLE has now become well enough established for the Internet search engines to highlight the forum.

Therefore the Site Team want to ensure that UKASTLE remains a high quality technical forum with relevant and easy to find information and not a chat or social networking bulletin board. Two new forum rules will assist in this aim by ensuring the posts remain on topic, are relevant and contain worthwhile information.

As always, the full set of forum rules can be viewed here. I've also quoted the two new rules below:

Quote:
Please avoid uncertain posts such as "I think its a xxxx but not sure" or "I think I saw one near xxx." If you aren't sure or can't back up your statement with some further reasoning, then don't make it.

Please avoid pointless posts which merely state "I agree..." or "I've sent you a PM..." There is nothing to stop such phrases being used in substantial posts, but on their own it simply creates unnecessary posting.

Profile  Personal album 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]