It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:01 am 

We're getting into the festive spirit here at UKASTLE, with our logo having changed to the Christmas version AND a festive photo competition now underway.... And so the Management Team at UKASTLE would like to wish all our valued members a Happy Christmas and a great New Year - and that Santa's sack might have some nice lanterns in there!

Feel free to upload/share some photos of your own festive lighting/decorations below... I shall be doing so tomorrow, as this year in addition to the main tree I have done my own little christmas tree in my room - with a touch of my sense of humour in there too.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:37 am 
Random avatar
I shared these on the KUA site..

Just 6 of many I took of my decor.

I'll show you more on the 21st

Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:07 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

In a protest against traditional, thrumpy Christmas trees...

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:59 pm 

My fairly large 5ft two piece tree broke, well the stand did. So the top half of it is getting used instead, so far two sets of static LED lights (one blue and the other multicoloured) two strands of tinsel and instead of an angel or a star. I've decided to top it off with a robin. Upstairs in me room / office / studio, I have a small 2ft tree which was purchased from the now closed Woolworths, this tree is illuminated with an old set of outdoor filiment lamps, has a strand of a rather bushy mixed green and yellow tinsel, which I bought in Goole and a strand of very rare black tinsel topped of with the 30 year old angel which was nicked from the tree downstairs.

Rest of the house is covered in scaled down versions, of the now ceased trading Irvine Martin Lighting, Christmas figure designs. Each one carefully produced out of old wheel trim rings bent into either an arch or left as is and is covered in electric tape to cut the risk of tetnus if the ring is found rusty (I must have spent somewhere in the region of £25 on producing such replicas, that of course counts for the tinsel and the tape).

Outside, I have a set of Premier Lighting Christmas Lanterns and a festoon of 18x 25W lamps as the festoon is a hand me down from Calderdale Council after I kindly asked them if they have got an old or extra bit of festoon that they no longer want. Eventually, the 25 watters are slowly getting phased out as once a lamp blows, thats it I don't replace them as I am planning on replacing them with LED 'golf ball' lamps from either next year or in twenty fifteen.

I'll get some photos done.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:05 am 

So far I have only taken photos of the mini tree in my room, a 2ft white tree which I have decorated in the generally accepted manner of sticking to 2 colours....

... Then I gave the tree a moustache and called it Geoff! :lol:

Attachment:
DSC_0400-1.jpg
DSC_0400-1.jpg [ 549.28 KiB | Viewed 30127 times ]

The tree is lit internally by a string of battery-powered LED lights I nicked from downstairs as they weren't being used, but the main source of illumination is from an external spotlight - no longer required in the garden to provide coloured illumination to the confier trees since I got a 10w LED floodlight, the outer casing was adapted so I could fit it to my lamp; and then I got a coloured LED lamp from B&Q - I had originally planned to get an ordinary cycling colour changer, but it seems B&Q have phased out all their cheaper LED lighting in favour of more costly options and so I got a remote-controlled colour changer instead. This is the second lamp of this type I have got, but oddly the other one remembers what its last programme was and reverts to it on power up whereas this one does not (suggesting cheaper build quality) and reverts to red on power up. This is quite annoying, the other one when I first got it and hadn't set a programme would power up on white (which would be useful for this tree), but red doesn't fit in with my colour scheme.
I have three even smaller glitter trees around the base of the tree, along with a snowglobe train and a glittery star to hang down into the void below.
Attachment:
DSC_0401-1.jpg
DSC_0401-1.jpg [ 510.21 KiB | Viewed 30126 times ]

And then my sense of humour added some final decorations
Attachment:
DSC_0405-1.jpg
DSC_0405-1.jpg [ 272.61 KiB | Viewed 30127 times ]

The background behind Geoff is actually some wrapping paper I had left over from ages ago, I realised it was starry and so would fit in rather well.
Attachment:
DSC_0404-1.jpg
DSC_0404-1.jpg [ 383.05 KiB | Viewed 30126 times ]

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:21 am 
Random avatar
Nice... wrapping paper !  :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:09 pm 

Here's the Christmas lighting I have:

Attachments:
christmas lites.png
christmas lites.png [ 3.47 MiB | Viewed 30120 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:01 am 

Bluey-purple tree... I like it.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:49 am 
Random avatar

I  went for the real tree in the living room this year as usual, even though it was a pain to get home owing to not having a 4x4 with roof bars anymore.  Then I got home and found the stand was broken.

This led to me getting the chainsaw, partially hollowing a large heavy beech log out and making a stand. It worked fine and in my opinion looks better than a metal thing.

Profile  Personal album