It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 pm 
Random avatar

I will be giving a talk on the story of the carbon arc lamp this coming Sunday 15 March at Wytall which is just south of Birmingham on the A435
My talk is richly illustrated with many Victorian photographs and engravings including many streetlamps. I will explain the principles and lamp controls as well as the evolution of the technology
I will be exhibiting two lamps one of which is of the type used for streetlighting. (It is a magazine flame carbon arc lamp of circa 1908). It will be lovely to make contact with other ukastle members.
Visit historiclightingclub.co.uk for full details of the venue and our meetings which are full but relaxing days. We arrive about 9:00am and set up displays of our lamps by about 10am Coffee and cake before my talk then we have lunch foillowed by a raffle and (members only) auction of lamps.. Afternoon tea before we pack up and return home. We pop our share of the hall hire cost into a kitty and buy our coffee and cakes for £1. Lunch is typically £3 profits of which go to club funds.