It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:15 pm 
Site Administration

The SOX is all long gone and replaced by LED, on the A1055 in Edmonton in north London  (behind the GSV camera),  but these MA90s still survive. Note the wall mounted disused  "hockey stick".

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:26 pm 
Random avatar

If you want to find lots of SOX Lincolnshire is a good place. For example Heckington, as Beta fives do remain but in the past months, 5 have been replaced to TRT Aspect Eco as they where in bad condition.

Some remain, there's one outside my house and the other day they re-lamped its old Osram lamp with a new 35w Philips SOX plus and also did the 2 Mi26s on the road to the right of my house. These also have new Selec Westire  8480 Photocells too.

Originally the Beta 5 had a Zodion SS3 or SS2 and the Mi26s had Royce Thompson cells.

On main roads, Great Hale, Little Hale and Helpringham have lots of SOX and small amount of LED apart from the main Road in Heckington.

But, new TRT LED lanterns are being used as casual replacements in areas like Heckington.

One layby has Revo Hyperons 90 and 135W and Ubris Evolos 150/250w and Ubris Sapphires. I think the Philips MA90s have been turned off now on some sleeved CU concrete columns.

In Helpringham a Thorn Beta 5 Mk15 is attached to a Stainton Concrete with  part night switching.  Water ingress is causing rust but replacement with new lanterns is happened quite slowly.

Profile  Personal album