It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:19 pm 

Gramma6 wrote:
I wonder why ITV decided to have an American streetscene in it's ident rather than a British one? Unless the production company who made it is American or something?

If it's American then it's South American, or alternatively Australasian, as the lantern, column and bracket aren't typically North American. You see a lot of adverts on TV which seem to be filmed abroad. Maybe all the strict rules, procedures and red tape in this country make it easier and cheaper to film abroad. I'd imagine that some filming would require road closures, and knowing the British system, getting permission for a road closure would probably be like pulling out your own teeth, so they only close roads off in Britain where it is necessary for a British street scene to be used.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:04 am 
Site Administration

Barcelona seems to be used quite a lot for as a location for adverts. The better weather probably helps and like Paris, the main roads often have "service" roads running parallel for access to properties/deliveries. Using one of these for filming is obviously easier than a main thoroughfare.

The latest Halifax ad is clearly not filmed in the UK given the type of lighting in shot, the same for the current Nissan car ad with the "dancing" cars. I am fairly sure the former ad is indeed filmed in Barcelona.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:06 pm 
Site Administration

Has anyone seen the digital TV switch over ads running before the BBC 6pm news in the BBC south region the last few days? We are one of the last areas to switch over. Anyway about halfway through, there is a 1960s housing estate with a green painted folded metal column with a 7 bracket and a large side entry SOX lantern possibly a GEC Z9480.

I'm assuming its a real street rather than CGI, has the same ad been used elsewhere in the UK?

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:47 am 
Random avatar

Can't remember seeing it in the North West when we had our switchover back in 2010.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:35 pm 
Site Administration

The latest next TV advert has this in the opening scene..

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:29 pm 

Phosco152 wrote:
The latest next TV advert has this in the opening scene..

That installation looks suspiciously "Brighton and Hove"

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:19 pm 
Random avatar

Here's an oldie: this is a screenshot from an old VHS tape of some European installations from a mid-1990s advert for the Renault Megane. A couple of the lanterns look like gear-in-shoe MA50s but I've no idea what the rest of the lanterns are (they're probably also Philips installations). If anybody can identify them, I'd be most grateful!

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=44&image_id=2838