It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:07 am 

There's a photo that i have seen somewhere which shows a Trafficvision illuminated towards the sky rather than downwards. What happened to it?

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:16 am 

It'll have twisted on it's bracket. There is one on the A1237 roundabout near the Wetherby Whaler that is now starting to twist round as well (plus I've seen several around the Leeds area in the past) - but I doubt you'd have spotted it while we were going to the depot as I only noticed it just before we passed under it!

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:11 pm 
Random avatar

Not really 'bad', but very interesting:

Alpha 3s on side street columns on Chalcot Road, Chalk Farm. One dayburner reveals that they still run mercury!!!

There are some more on nearby Fitzroy Road, and there are some GEC Z5670s on Chalcot Road and the other surrounding roads as well!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:43 pm 
Random avatar

Rojojnr wrote:
Not really 'bad', but very interesting:

Alpha 3s on side street columns on Chalcot Road, Chalk Farm. One dayburner reveals that they still run mercury!!!

There are some more on nearby Fitzroy Road, and there are some GEC Z5670s on Chalcot Road and the other surrounding roads as well!

Judging by the bowl, and clips on the canopy, it appears they are the even older Atlas types! - Well done, you've found my favourite type of Alpha 3 :D (And my favourite lantern ever along with the Beta 9)
Oddly, the columns look no earlier than the 1970s, however :?

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:02 pm 

I quite like the lanterns but the columns are just terrible and the brackets just look messy and cheap.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:16 pm 

They are Philips MiniMilewide lanterns, and some of these in Redbridge were early examples of CosmoPolis in Britain.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:51 pm 
Random avatar

Lampman:

Quote:
I quite like the lanterns but the columns are just terrible and the brackets just look messy and cheap.

Yeah, the lanterns are beautiful, but they'd look much better installed on cast iron or ex-gas installations. Yes, the columns are very nasty and look like cheap CCTV camera columns with those brackets plonked on top! As for the brackets, they are very obscure and remind me of those horrible brackets you see in West Sussex with Sapphires, but a mirror image of them! Not Redbridge's finest hour, but I suppose they were short on money and wanted to improve the streetscene somewhat.

Sotonsteve:

Quote:
They are Philips MiniMilewide lanterns, and some of these in Redbridge were early examples of CosmoPolis in Britain.

Yeah, Redbridge has been very ahead of its time in terms of CosmoPolis, so I'm not surprised! It's been trialling the Milewide and MH Sapphire since 2006! Over the past two years, it's been replacing large stretches of SON ZX3s with MH Furyos. This seems to have stalled recently though, as I haven't seen any more Furyos be installed since the end of last year! But it looks like it's installing post-top Furyos now - there's those ones that I've pictured on The Drive when a new school was built, and one was installed very recently as a casual replacement for an MA50 which had been crashed into on Chigwell Road.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm 

Lampman wrote:

The lantern is a Kingswood 'Palace 39000' pendant lantern.
I can't see the columns in my kingswood catalogue though...

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:45 pm 

I think this is pretty bad as lantern is just too big for the bracket.

Profile  Personal album