It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:37 pm 
Random avatar

My first contribution to UKSATLE starts with listing streets that haven't just seen one or 2 replacements or re-fittings, i'm talking a few relighting schemes over around 30 years (give or take) you have roads that survive with lanterns that are 50 years and older, but some don't...

Take Up Holland road in Billinge, somewhere that has seen such changes

http://static.bbci.co.uk/domesday/image ... 3.1986.jpg take this example from 1986 (not the first documented on the internet but oh well) it shows the only example of SOX on concrete columns, but I don't know the lantern, sorry.

the next example a little later on (2009) was where the MRL 6 reigned, and these on their respective columns all date from at least 2000. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.52044 ... 312!8i6656

Next is the 203's that replaced the now aging MRL6's (and Iridiums). the file should be found somewhere here as an attachment and shows the columns updated from google maps

lastly we have the final update, the luma. I have no pictures of the road with its first leds in situe but its fair to say I don't mind the luma, but I do wish I still had a SON lantern still there, even if it is the 203.

I'm looking forward to other examples but pictures are even more appreciated.

Attachments:
File comment: The Phillips SGS 203's
for ukastle.jpg
for ukastle.jpg [ 34.76 KiB | Viewed 6923 times ]
 Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:10 pm 
Random avatar

Towns around Sussex seem to have been completely changed in the last three years.  When I went on holiday in the area in 2012 there were concretes (Stanton 18s mostly) all around places like Bognor Regis, Worthing, Littlehampton and Chichester.  Now the only remaining ones are on bypasses, and they look like they're being replaced.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:50 pm 
Site Administration

Those areas are part of the South Coast PFI. Work is largely complete - although West Sussex is lagging a bit behind. See more details here.

Profile  Personal album