It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:55 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 pm 
Random avatar

How about using a GEC Z1704 (140W SO/H SOI/H) and a GEC Z1716 (25µF 260VAC) on a 90W SOX lamp, any one tried this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 am 
Site Administration

Should work fine.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:14 pm 
Random avatar

Thanks again, doing an audit of all the gear in the collection. got loads of bits and trying to match them up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:04 am 
Random avatar

Ok need a bit of help here. Got a new style SRS201 180W made in 2008 with a new style gear unit with the tray inside, there is also a nema on this lantern. During storgage someone has had the connector plug off the gear tray unit leaving a bunch of wires. Does anyone know what wire goes where? I have a new plug with L1, L2, L3, N and Earth on it. About all I know is where the earth goes. The ballast is a BSX 180 H96 type with a cap and SX73 ignitor. Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:56 pm 

paul wrote:
...someone has had the connector plug off the gear tray unit leaving a bunch of wires. Does anyone know what wire goes where?

Without seeing some sort of diagram or photo of the affected lantern, can I assume this is a "plug & play" type connector which allows the gear tray to be isolated and released from the canopy, rather than something with screw terminals? If this is the case, I would think that by matching the two sets of wire colours or conductor ID, you should be able to rectify this issue (assuming the replacement part is compatible with the existing connector. The L1, L2, L3 and N terminations on your connector sound more akin to a three phase supply part, however as long as it does the job...

"As we moved along in a little procession, I was delighted with the illumination of the streets. So many lamps and they burned until morning, my father said, and so people did not need to carry lanterns". - Mary Antin

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:26 am 
Site Administration

I echo the above reply. The NEMA needs permanent live from the supply and a neutral. The 3rd terminal is the switched live output. This wire goes to the ballast. Depending on the ballast - details on the label, it may need its own neutral supply and will have 1 or possibly 2 additional wires to the lamp. There will also be ignitor and capacitor wires.

Your best bet is to look at the wiring diagram on the ballast and work back from there.

Profile  Personal album