It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:04 pm 
Random avatar

My Part Night Zodion SS9 cell has failed...

At first it was simply not switching on but after removing it and reinstalling it the cell operates like a normal dusk/dawn cell and doest switch off part night.

Does anyone have any ideas how to make it behave or is it one for the bin?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:10 pm 
Site Administration

Once the power has been removed, it needs a full dusk-night-dawn operation before it will revert to part night.

If it failed to switch before you removed it, the logic circuitry may have just got in an unstable state. Refit it, leave it at least one night and see what happens.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:29 pm 
Random avatar

Its been over a month now! I am going to isolate it for  a day or so and then let it go again see if it can reconfigure itself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:45 am 
Random avatar

I seem to have the same problem as the dark lord. I had a power surge last night and the red led on the cell wasn't flashing every 10 seconds anymore but twice a second. Its friend turned off normally but this one is now dayburning. Has anyone else noticed cells going weird after a surge?

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:46 pm 
Random avatar

I contacted Zodion, who didnt offer to replace the unit but were interested in the fault. Basically they suggested isolating it for a few hours then reconnecting.

I had the same flasher problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:23 pm 
Random avatar

The cell has been removed from the light for 2 days now. I'll install it now and report back what happens. I hope it works again. Other lights in the area (which use the SS9 have started dayburning as well)

Edit: I've put the cell back in the light now and it still has the weird flashing pattern and the load is still dayburning. I'll probably stay awake tonight playing games so I'll watch the cell at 1am (which is when it turned off before).

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:01 pm 
Random avatar

Interesting, it might be worth dropping Zodion an email and see what they have to say. The chap who got back to me was most friendly and informative. I'm sure he would be interested in your cell and the fact that the same cells nearby (council?) are DB.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:34 pm 
Site Administration

Gents, there is no need to quote each other's previous post when you are replying. It makes the post complex to read and loads unnecessary repeated words, which makes browsing on a slow internet connection tedious and rapidly fills up the screen on a smartphone.

Simply use the "reply" button at the bottom left of the page instead of the "quote" one at the end of the last post. Many thanks.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:07 am 
Random avatar

Hi I am running my lantern with a Zodion  SS9 part night photocell  some times I want the lantern to run all night, is it safe to put a switch between the live in & live out terminals on the photocell  regards Bob :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:13 am 
Site Administration

Yes, that will be fine.

Profile  Personal album