It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:37 pm 
Random avatar

Alex wrote:
Quote:
We recently lit a new footpath with LED Sapphire 1s.....

Comes at no surprise then! Do you have any photographs? It seems to me rather pointless releasing LED Sapphires when Urbis already have the Senso lantern among others.

Yeah a bit of a crossover (commonly found!). The story was, we ordered Urbis Nano lanterns for the job, but Urbis decided there was no way they would be able to fulfil the order in anything like the timescale, so the Saph 1 was substituted. PCC didn't mind as it was practically the same anyway so Saph's it was!
Urbis are shocking these days with timescales. 6 weeks for a basic lantern? Maybe the move to Spain will speed things up.....

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:24 pm 

A new development of eco homes near me has already seen new 10LED WRTL Libras installed on the public road outside. Meanwhile, the private parking areas are lit by Tamlite Tamcourt lanterns fitted with Philips Fortimo LED modules. Looks a bit silly, because less than half the bowl is lit up.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:52 am 
Random avatar

Interesting Steve, the modern way of doing things now there's this high awareness of 'adopted' highways and the councils lack of wanting to take responsibility of anything more than they have to leads to these 'private' areas. We've got quite a few in Plymouth in new build sites, and invariably, the lighting in the private carparks is always at complete odds to what is installed on the adopted highway. Some examples include:
(Highway Saph 2 60w Cosmo, Private P567 70w SON)
(Highway Saph 2 60w Cosmo, Private Tamlite Tamglobe 70w SONE)
(Highway Saph 2 45w Cosmo, Private Tamlite Tamgrove 70w SONE)

There are sometimes exceptions to the rule however, as we have installed some lighting for developers on non-adoptable sites using council spec equipment. Dare say it costs more but should last longer anyway  ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

CU Phosco have released LED versions of the P109 and P111

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:05 pm 

I knew it wouldn't be long until some of the 'classic' Phosco lanterns get the LED treatment. It does look good and I do wonder if the P170 will also become available as an LED option in the near future.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 pm 

To be honest, a part of me thought they'd already done this... but then I realised it was actually DW Windsor that had LED'd their traditional designs.
At some point, I plan on getting an LED array that will fit and put it into a P106/107 to see what that looks like....

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 pm 
Random avatar

First LED Iridium 2 spotted last night!

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:06 pm 

Brighton is going LED with its latest installations, possibly Urbis Axia lanterns, both main road and side road.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:19 pm 
Site Administration

Portsmouth Naval Base has lost its Thorn Alpha 4s that were visible from outside the perimeter wall along Hope St/ Flathouse Road and had them replaced with LED lanterns which appear to be the Marlin a Chinese design now made under license in the UK.

Light grey versions are used but also black versions wall mounted on buildings complete with new isolation points using AC Ford AC900 PVC control boxes. This has also seen the demise of the Lucidors that were used previously on buildings. The odd Alpha 9 and 4 still survive though.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:09 am 
Random avatar

On the subject of LEDs some tiny lanterns have been installed on 8m columns on an industrial estate. I have not seen them lit yet but I believe them to be LED.

Profile  Personal album