It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: New Urbis Products
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:12 pm 

Just to clarify, in case others were unaware, on Urbis LED lantern product brochures they show multiple lumen outputs and wattages for the same number of LEDs. This is to show what lumen output and wattage is available at differing levels of dimming, such as 100% output, 70% output and 50% output. Nice that Urbis have bothered to do this where other manufacturers don't make this information readily available.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 am 
Random avatar

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Urbis's LED luminaires are some of the ugliest and most glary on the market?

I would even go as far as to say that they are uglier/more glary than the WRTL Stela, and I absolutely detest that lantern!  (Weirdly I do like the Luma though!)

I feel I must right a wrong here...I suppose the Senseo isn't a bad looking lantern!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:15 pm 

Schreder Group have entered the future with their new product called SHUFFLE.

It's more than just a street light. It is a modular lighting column that can be configured to contain lighting, CCTV, wireless networks, loudspeakers and vehicle charging points.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:39 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

Interesting find, Steve.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 pm 

I love the Urbis PILZEO lantern. It's very similar to the old Beaufort 25 I have. Just wondering where I'd get one and if its feasible for the collection?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:35 pm 
Random avatar

They're being used in Plymouth now replacing post top lanterns. I agree they're one of the best looking LED lanterns out there. I'll get some pics for everyone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:18 pm 

Urbis have launched a new lantern called...

Axia 2.

They must be getting the Philips disease.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:02 pm 

sotonsteve wrote:
...launched a new lantern called ... Axia 2.

Whilst the idea of incorporating flashy names instead of numbers on lanterns is nothing new (think of the Revo Sol'dor, Wardle Aureole etc), I do think the current, rather uninspired choices are often as bland as the lanterns themselves.

I can't imagine that names such as the Evolo, Arc and Selenium will be as fondly remembered like the previous generation of street lanterns, such as the Siemens Crawley, GEC Dioptron and Eleco Goldenray (not forgetting those Greek inspired Alpha, Beta and Gamma products).

Going off current trends, I suspect it can't be too long before a lantern called the "Axilla" is put on the market.

Now that really will be the "pits"!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:07 pm 
Random avatar

Somerset has the Axia 2 large and Mini which is the new retrofit lantern for the county.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:43 pm 

GreatNorburyStDepot wrote:
sotonsteve wrote:
...launched a new lantern called ... Axia 2.

Whilst the idea of incorporating flashy names instead of numbers on lanterns is nothing new (think of the Revo Sol'dor, Wardle Aureole etc), I do think the current, rather uninspired choices are often as bland as the lanterns themselves.

Going off current trends, I suspect it can't be too long before a lantern called the "Axilla" is put on the market.

Now that really will be the "pits"!

Well, I can't admit this to being a serious post, however I think the Axilla lantern as I predicted above, may have actually become a reality. Featured in one of the UK's less cerebral magazines, I suspect this photo is actually one of the early pre-production models.

When some consider the human armpit as a fashion "no-no", it is refreshing to see that under the right light, it can be placed back into polite society again.

I would suspect the Axilla is available in small, medium and large sizes. I presume they will also come as a pair!

Nb - warm wash only and do not iron!

Attachments:
axilla1.jpg
axilla1.jpg [ 136.7 KiB | Viewed 19273 times ]