It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: New Urbis Products
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:05 pm 
Random avatar

New Urbis Axias have started going up in my area, i went out to see what the light output is like and the leds give off a cold white light, kind of gives a mercury feel to the street unlike the warm white feel of led mini iridium.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:39 pm 
Random avatar

In a different thread, Alex wrote:
Thanks for these two posts. I think you're right, the Olympics are playing a large part and the preference is 'white light' sources over SON. Perhaps it wouldn't have been such a perceived waste if they would have used LED technology instead. I've just conducted a Google search for 'Urbis Aresas' and found no results - are you sure this is the correct name?

Yeah, certainly seems that way! Redbridge Council are saying they're going over to a "white light" policy, which explains why so many SON ZX3s have been replaced around here (although there are still plenty around which still need to be replaced under their scheme). It looks to me from the Urbis catalogue that the ZX2 and ZX3 have been discontinued as well and the ZXU2 and ZXU3 have been introduced (the same as what happened to the ZX1 and ZXU1 around 2008), so that could be another reason for loads of ZXs being replaced around here:

http://www.urbislighting.co.uk/gbu-en/P ... fault.aspx

Yep, Aresa is the right name! Here's the link to it in the Urbis catalogue:

http://www.urbislighting.co.uk/gbu-en/P ... geNumber=4

I'm not sure if those new lanterns on the A1306 are Aresas, but they're the closest match I could find! The Thorn Celest looks quite similar, but that has 3 bowl clips whereas the A1306 lanterns only have 2 and there is a 2-clip version available of the Aresa.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:22 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

Ah, I had typed it into Google pluralised which is why I couldn't find anything! Cheers.

As regards the ZX range, only the ZX4 and ZX12 have been discontinued. The ZXU1, 2 and 3 are still there (http://www.urbislighting.co.uk/gbu-en/P ... spx?range={9}&pageNumber=4).

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:32 pm 
Random avatar

Ah lucky I held on to my ZX12s then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:31 pm 
Random avatar

Oh OK - it's the way Urbis have categorised it into one entry that confused me! They used to have each lantern in the ZX range listed as individual entries but now they've put it into all one entry with the ZXU1, which made me think the ZX2 and 3 were now known as the ZXU2 and ZXU3! Thanks for the tip-off!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:03 pm 
Random avatar

The new lanterns on the A1306 may possibly be Urbis Senso - it looks a bit like a large version of the Aresa which the Aresa itself may be too small for main road use (think of a WRTL Libra fitted on a 10/12m high column)?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:18 pm 

I have photos of the Urbis Senso on either the North East or Yorkshire thread... as there are some installed in Middlesbrough near the Riverside Stadium. (the reason I can't say for sure which thread the photos are in is because M'bro is technically in North Yorkshire but has a Teesside postcode)

[url=http://www.urbislighting.co.uk/gbu-en/Products/Pages/Senso.aspx?lamp={4}&pageNumber=2]Senso page[/url]

Another new lantern I like the look of is this
http://www.urbislighting.co.uk/gbu-en/P ... geNumber=1
even though the name sounds like it's come straight from the Tellytubbies! It has a very 'Eleco' look to the design, and could so easily be used on 1970's estates as a replacement for a GEC Z5670 type post top or something similar from that time, and it'd fit in perfectly.

Meanwhile after just having a look around I have now found out what a local mystery lantern was:
http://www.urbislighting.co.uk/gbu-en/P ... geNumber=3
These are being installed in the tall bowl format, like in the 'location' image of Shanghai, around York University's Heslington East campus.

And finally I want to see these installed just because of the funny name!
http://www.urbislighting.co.uk/gbu-en/P ... geNumber=5

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:28 pm 

The Urbis Hernandez Fernandez (or what I may call it - Urbis Tongue Twister :lol: ) looks like it has been inspired by the Siemens Kuwait. The only place where I can see them fitting in would be Bradford.

The Hapiled looks more like an oversized clear tulip, going by the bowl. :lol:

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:19 pm 
Random avatar

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it's Urbis-related.

Just been trying to identify a lantern on Urbis' website and noticed that the ZX series of lanterns has been re-specified with a new standardised configuration. Because of this, there are less bowl choices, no 140 CPO-TW support, no 20mm photocells and finally, no ZX2 at all. :(

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 pm 
Founder
Random avatar

This is the right section, Jake.

It seems a little unnecessary if you ask me. Reinstating the 'ZX1' is confusing and what's more, the brochure mentions the "ZXU1" which contradicts this.

The loss of the ZX2/12 is not a good move as their body is far more attractive than the bulky ZX3.

Profile  Personal album