It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:34 am 

cu_phosco wrote:
Does anyone know all the available options built into the GEC 5760 bulkhead lantern?

I have one of these lanterns in my collection. It seems to be original and  burns an elliptical 70W SON lamp, therefore I suspect it is quite a late issue. I also have scanned some product data below. This confirms the two lamp options available for it at the time (35W SuperSOX and 70W SON. I would have expected the fitting to have also utilised the 80W MBF at some point in its production run, however it isn't mentioned here. Depending on when the fitting was launched, it may have never even used this lamp.  

Sometimes, I get the impression that some group B lanterns which were designed originally for a SOX lamp have subsequently been "upgraded" to burn SON. Whilst this was simple way to satisfy demand without major re-tooling, it would be to the detriment of the bowl, which would soon degrade with the extra heat. In addition, some of the benefits of SON such as better colour rendition and accurate control, would have been hindered by the opal shade design of the Z5760.

A nice fitting though!

I'm hoping to get mine back into service in the future.

Attachments:
GEC2.JPG
GEC2.JPG [ 19.23 KiB | Viewed 3627 times ]
GEC1a.JPG
GEC1a.JPG [ 54.81 KiB | Viewed 3627 times ]