It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:53 am 

cu_phosco wrote:
There might be a chance I get another! I just found it on Google Maps. I'm just wanting to see what interest there is for it. I've not put in for it yet so it's just to see if there is interest if I do get it.

There'd be interest from me, unless I aquire one between now and you getting that other one (which is unlikely)... I'm sure I can magic up some space for it somewhere - I think! :lol:

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 pm 

I'll let you know how it goes. There may be interest from others though. If you do a google maps tour round Dunfermline and find one then I could be able to get it saved.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 pm 

This is the recently acquired Beaufort 25 from Matheson Place in Dunfermline. It's full of dead wasps! Far smaller and better condition than expected for 40+ years. Appears the 35W sox is a conversion as there are signs of an older lamp holder being in place at one time. I'll keep it sox as I love the glow of the opalescent bowl in orange/yellow.
I'm pleased with it! It will be going to someone who offered to restore it & should be back finished April/May!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.86 MiB | Viewed 12323 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 2.26 MiB | Viewed 12323 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 12323 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 12323 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:36 pm 

Good save there - well done! Persistence pays off eventually with Fife Council, if you can find the right person to speak to, and they actually respond. Looking forward to seeing this restored  :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:11 pm 

I'm now trying to save a Hume Atkins from Kidderminster, of which there are at least 2 possibly more. I've been told they are the later version very much like a Beaufort rather than the earlier version on Mike's site at the old college site he missed out on  :cry:
They are at an office/factory site and I've again had difficulty getting a reply from anyone. One would complement the Beaufort very nicely. I'd need to shift a Gamma 6 with opal bowl though to accommodate it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:45 am 

mazeteam wrote:
cu_phosco wrote:
There might be a chance I get another! I just found it on Google Maps. I'm just wanting to see what interest there is for it. I've not put in for it yet so it's just to see if there is interest if I do get it.

There'd be interest from me, unless I aquire one between now and you getting that other one (which is unlikely)... I'm sure I can magic up some space for it somewhere - I think! :lol:

The next Beaufort is due down soon as they are doing it as another 1 off as a good will gesture, but its been spoken for in return for restoring mine. Sorry about that. If anyone sees any others in Dunfermline on Google maps, then I'll try save them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:41 am 

cu_phosco wrote:
mazeteam wrote:
cu_phosco wrote:

The next Beaufort is due down soon as they are doing it as another 1 off as a good will gesture, but its been spoken for in return for restoring mine. Sorry about that. If anyone sees any others in Dunfermline on Google maps, then I'll try save them.

The 2nd Beaufort 25 came down and is in a bad way, with dents on the canopy and cracks and holes in the bowl. It would be worth saving, but I'm not sure if it can be restored.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:31 am 

Depends on the size of the dents/holes, which can only be determined with photos. Dents can normally be got out with a hammer (a rubber or wood one) providing you can get to the other side of the metal, and bowl holes can be filled with 2-part adhesive (Araldite Rapid for opaque bowls)

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:23 pm 

Here is the Beaufort 25, I've been meaning to upload of photos of the restored lantern.

Attachments:
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG [ 784.24 KiB | Viewed 11960 times ]
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 11960 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:42 pm 

That is a superb restoration cu_phosco.

Profile  Personal album