It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:14 pm 

Hi All,

I have never seen the revo festivals in Birmingham working, I wonder if they are fluorescent or LED?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 pm 
Random avatar

They run fluorescent lamps. The columns were repainted in 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:18 pm 
Site Administration

In Watford, this CU Highway X and Eleco GR100 has succumbed with a new post top sleeve and LED retrofit.

In the village of  Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire, an aluminium column with GEC Z5590, still running mercury survives.

Nearby another one on a cast iron column.

Also a steel column with a Beta 4.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 pm 
Random avatar

(I've posted this here, as when I posted about North Lincolnshire getting an LED lighting scheme, it was put into this thread, and I live in North Lincolnshire).

I decided to take an early morning walk half an hour ago and the road around the corner from where I live had all but two SOX lights replaced with LEDs last week. As I get back up this road again on my way home, I notice one of those cherry picker machine vans parked up next to one of the last remaining two SOX lights. The guy in the van then proceeds to open the covering on the lamppost and starts making adjustments.

I'm stood watching from a safe distance, (across the road) then I can hear him say f off to someone. He then approaches me and demands to know what I'm waiting for. I said I was watching the new light getting installed, and he said, "Nope, not whilst you're watching". I then go around the corner to another road to watch but he shouts "I suggest you move it before I call the police!"

I then retorted "I didn't know changing street lighting was top secret!" then went back home again.

I wasn't even taking any pictures, just merely watching!  :lol:

Has anybody else here ever watched street light work getting done and had abuse off anyone just for watching?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:29 pm 

Speaking to a member of the public like that is a disciplinable matter, if not a sackable matter, as it makes bad a company's name. Most companies have very strict guidelines on how to deal with the public, including if a member of the public approaches, be polite but avoid answering questions and direct them to contact the company's customer services.

Profile  Personal album