It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: South Coast PFI
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:13 pm 
Site Administration

The dimming down at 2330 is a stepped/abrupt change rather than a gradual fade.

The A33 Kings Worthy/B3047 London Rd junction in Winchester, was unlit, but recently new 8m mid hinged columns with Lumas have been installed. The columns are quite a bit away from the road in the verge, presumably that is why they are mid hinged types.

Nearby in Park Road, an accident damaged 5m column has been replaced with a Stainton column, but a hockey stick style one - very late 1990s.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm 

Cranford Road in Petersfield now has flat-glass Libras. Previously the Libras were standard. I assume they have had LED retrofits, but I've never seen a flat glass Libra before.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:14 am 

sotonsteve wrote:
Cranford Road in Petersfield now has flat-glass Libras. Previously the Libras were standard. I assume they have had LED retrofits, but I've never seen a flat glass Libra before.

Having seen them at night, I'm wondering if they are Pudsey Diamond Paragon Libra retrofits. Lots of LED retrofits involve swapping out gear trays, but the Pudsey Diamond retrofits involve removing the bowls too.

Meanwhile, in Gosport I've noticed that some of the Millennium navigator's lanterns in Haslar Way have had their optics swapped out for LED panels. Unlike Portsmouth, whose Millennium navigator's lanterns were made by DW Windsor, those in Gosport were CU Phosco and had optics like P678s and P680s.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:09 am 
Site Administration

If they are PD Paragons, then I don't think much of the thermal management design. No heatsink for the LED module apart from the baseplate - which can't really dissipate heat as its under the canopy, plus the driver module is also on the same baseplate.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:23 pm 

With part night lighting due to start in Hampshire in the next couple of weeks, maps showing part night versus all night have been released. See maps in link here.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:53 pm 

The Redbridge Causeway high masts have now been replaced. Heading over the River Test, much like what happened on the Southampton part a couple of years ago, bespoke 15 metre columns have been made up to bolt into the existing high mast foundations. West of here, the high masts have just been replaced with conventional columns. Two high masts remain nestled within the overhead power cables but with the head gear and lanterns removed. I wonder how long it will be before these get removed, as they will need to isolate the overhead cables to take them down.

Profile  Personal album