It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: South Coast PFI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:55 pm 
Site Administration

For those of you who haven't heard, the winner of the South Coast PFI that will cover Hampshire, West Sussex and the City of Southampton has been annouced although the contract has yet to be fully finalised. In effect, the incumbant for Hants and West Sussex, Southern Electric have got it.

More details here:

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/hantswebnews/hweb-news265

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-200 ... 08222.html

Originally Posted: 01-09-2009, 07:51:47 pm

Profile  Personal album 

Post subject: Re: South Coast PFI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:56 pm 

I've been out taking snaps of old streetlights in West Sussex, and i have found some long standing survivors 10 or more Bleeco Working lanterns in Littlehampton sadly 5 have been modified to a bowl and a flat CFL lamp have been installed, none have the original lamp fttings so i beleve that these are running CFL too.

Originally Posted: 04-09-2009, 01:15:25 pm

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:56 pm 

Urbis Saturn Land wrote:
Ive been out taking snaps of old streetlights in West Sussex, and i have found some long standing survivors 10 or more Bleeco Working lanterns in Littlehampton sadly 5 have been modified to a bowl and a flat CFL lamp have been installed, none have the original lamp fttings so i beleve that these are running CFL too.

Sounds a bit like what was done to the lighting in Slindon.

Driving through Worthing the other day, practically every side road off the A27 had columns that will be replaced by the PFI. Brings it home how much the PFI will change the scene.

Originally Posted: 07-09-2009, 06:31:01 am

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:57 pm 
Site Administration

Well prior to the start of PFI, SEC seem to be using the Sapphire 2 as the main road SON lantern for casual replacements taking over from flat glass ZX3s. The Sapphire 2 has been used for complete new schemes but not previously as a casual. It has been spotted both on new (casual) columns as a well as being fitted to older columns.

Originally Posted: 09-09-2009, 03:11:06 pm

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:58 pm 

Well I have seen many new Altra's popping up all over the place recently which is good as they are way better than the horrible, boring, bland ZXU1s we have been used to. I haven't seen any new Sapphires installed though only a new ZX3 on one of those thin Stainton columns that look like they are going to blow over any second. :)

Originally Posted: 29-10-2009, 08:54:51 pm

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 pm 
Random avatar

Any developments or see anything new in the PFI scheme yet? Has it started yet? Were the casual replacement Sapphires installed in Portchester was from the PFI or by Hants themselves?

SEC seem to be heavily involved with PFIs in the South - Dorset & the South Coast - I really hope Iridiums would not get used in the South Coast scheme!

Having said that, the Dorset Iridiums were installed by the original contractor EDF Energy before they were bought out by SEC that unfortunately SEC went on to install more vile Iridiums in Dorset - what joy.

Maybe if SEC had the Dorset scheme from the start, then Urbis would have been used instead of Philips if SEC are going to install Sapphires, Evolos and Altras in the South Coast scheme.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:06 am 

I know that Horsham has had some Iridiums installed as a beefed up flying saucer has been removed on Alblion Way and replaced by a pair of post topped Iridiums. When i go back down this year i wonder if anything has changed.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:58 am 

Very little seems to be happening in Hampshire at the moment just a few casual replacements in the form of Sapphires, ZX3's and Altra's. I was expecting whole roads to have been replaced by now like in the Portsmouth PFI but it hasn't really happened...yet.

"All street lights in residential areas which are over 15 years old will be replaced with white fluorescent lighting"

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:09 am 

Lampman wrote:
Very little seems to be happening in Hampshire at the moment just a few casual replacements in the form of Sapphires, ZX3's and Altra's. I was expecting whole roads to have been replaced by now like in the Portsmouth PFI but it hasn't really happened...yet.

"All street lights in residential areas which are over 15 years old will be replaced with white fluorescent lighting"

That's because the PFI hasn't started yet. The last start date I heard was April 1st (yeah I know).

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:22 pm 

They keep putting it back then, I thought it would start late last year.

Profile  Personal album