It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:49 am 

The last of the residential road replacements in Portsmouth were meant to happen during the first week of March (the last of Zone 1). However, it seems everything came to a stop in February. I'm not sure if they are progressing with main road replacements like they should be, but they aren't updating their website about programme at present.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:45 pm 
Site Administration

Main road replacements have started. This morning they were doing Whale Island Way. Burrfields Rd, entire length has been done in the last few weeks.

Also of significant note, is that the LED retrofits have been fitted in the Anchorage Park residential area - Sywell Crescent and surrounding roads. This area was not touched by the main Portsmouth PFI back in the mid 2000s, despite the installations dating from around the late 1980s. As a result, it was one of the last areas of SOX left in the city. Sywell Crescent itself with its 8m columns, has also been done.

Stubbington Avenue still has its MA90s, given its proximity to Burrfields Rd, I would have thought the former would have been done early on, given the SOX phase out. Burrfields Rd of course, was SON Iridiums.

Profile  Personal album 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:39 pm 

Looking from the M27, side road replacements have happened in the last week at Port Solent which were meant to take place in early March. I wonder if Portsdown Road got done too, which is where the Hampshire PFI lantern swapped Portsmouth's columns a few years ago.

UPDATE: as of 16th April, Portsdown Road has not been touched. Given that other roads that were left out in the vicinity were all done last week, I suspect the crews have spotted that something is odd and reported back rather than carrying on with replacements.

Profile  Personal album