From Ukastle Reference Section
Welcome to the Lantern Factfiles section. Within this section will be a comprehensive guide to most of the common street light lanterns of present and of times gone by.
Information about the lanterns will include dates of production and withdrawl, lamp types used, variants to the designs, and either pictures or links to pictures of the lantern.
The factfiles are linked to below, in order of manufacturer (arranged Alphabetically).
Group A lanterns are designed for installation on main roads, on columns of generally 8 m or higher (20ft); Group B lanterns are designed for installation on minor roads, such as residential streets and footpaths, where the column is no higher than 8 m.
|ATTENTION: The contents of this page are incomplete.
You can help finish this page by adding relevant content where possible. The member(s) who created this page (Alex, Phosco152, Sotonsteve, Mazeteam) will ensure added content is fitted into the correct place.
- The Atlas/Thorn connection
- Alpha One - Group A lantern
- Alpha Eight - Group A lantern
- Beta 2 - Group B lantern (original fluorescent version)
- Beta 3 - Group B lantern
- Gamma 4 - Group A post top lantern
- GEC Z9545/55/65 "Bricks" - Group A lanterns
- Philips MA50/60/90 series - Group A lanterns